Thursday, February 10, 2011

Media

1. I believe that media is very important in my life. I rely on it everyday to get all my entertainment and news. It keeps me up to date on everything that goes on around the world.

2. Music: I can't get through a day without a beat in my head. It helps me concentrate on my school work.

Tv: It's important to me because I know it's there when I have nothing else to do. It helps me to not be bored.

Computer: It's important to me because it's how I interact with my friends when I'm not at school. It's also a way I can talk to people I know who don't live in Canada.


3. No, I don't like our modern pop culture. I liked it better the way it used to be, with all the old classics that we had on TV and the radio. They've taken our media to the point where its making us lazy, soon we'll be in a world where we will be relying on machines to do everything for us and we won't even have to lift a finger. The only types of media I use daily is TV, Internet, radio, Ipod, and cellphone, I use them to entertain myself during the day when I'm not with my friends.



4. 1) I guess I'll choose TV as my form of media that I have a passionate connection to. This show I watch actually mean something to me, they show me stories of everyday life situations that could or have already happened to someone and they sing about it. E.g. Glee, they show you a "gay" guy getting bullied in school for his sexuality and that others have a hard time to accept it. Also it deals with relationships and rivalry between both students and teachers. I love Sci-Fi, it shows everyone that anything can be possible, one day we will live on other planets and I just hope that I'll be alive to see it happen. E.g. of traveling and living on other planets, Dr. Who and Firefly. This is going in the opposite direction, but I have a strong passionate connection to hating flat screen TVs. I find them dumb and expensive, I don't see the problem in having a normal sized TV to watch all your favorite programs on. It hasn't changed or influenced who I am, I just use this type of media to keep myself entertained.

2) I don't exactly know how to answer this, sorry.

3) a) I'd choose every series of Doctor Who ever to be made because it's Sci-fi and it's one of my favorite shows.
b) I'd also bring my Ipod because I couldn't go a day without listening to music or singing a song in my head
c) And the last thing I'd bring is a computer so I could watch all the Doctor Who episodes and so I could charge my Ipod when it dies.


(There's a flaw in your Desert Island Mr. Edwards. If its a desert island, then there is no electricity, so technically we couldn't use any type of media that involves using power.)

1 comment:

Mr. Edwards said...

well on MY desert island, i'd have a very long extension cord....